Unfortunately, not paying attention to race and gender does not make gender-race inequalities go away, precisely because these inequalities are institutionalized and not just ideas in people’s heads.Evelyn Nakano Glenn, Chapter 1: The Social Construction and Institutionalization of Gender and Race in Revisioning Gender (via lilinsoul)
- are you sleeping ok
- are you drinking enough water
- are you surrounding yourself with people who believe in you and listen to you
- and by listen i don’t mean wait for u to stop talking i mean they are invested in hearing about you and your dreams and your stories
- are you thinkin critically about your dreams in both practical and wonderful realms
- are you saying yes only when you feel comfortable
- are you learning a new thing every day
- are you working towards ur goals? are you making goals? your goal can be to have a goal and to explore possible goals. thats ok too.
how you doin? i hope you’re doing well!! i haven’t been doing all that good about working hard and fast but i’m trying.
a lot of academic writing is frankly just really bad writing that’s deliberately constructed to be incomprehensible to everyone but a select audience of educated aristocrats
My piece in the ‘Works’ group show opening tonight!
upstairs at the Union Hotel, Gore St, Fitzroy!
The Electric Light in our Homes
Popularly explained and Illustrated